She hasn’t fallen out of love for Stefan, but her love for Damon is ever present. She cannot shake him. I truly believe becoming a vampire is going to make her see life more clearly.
Remember the Pilot when Elena was sitting in the graveyard and the fog descended and standing in that fog was Damon? We’ve had Delena staring at us since the beginning but it isn’t until this season that we’re going to see it all come into play.
To me, the fog represents her human mind, clouded and filled with the memories of all those she’s lost. Because she had suffered, she was unable to see the man standing before her - the man she would come to see as her rock. The transition will clear that fog, the silhouette of that man will become clearer and it won’t be Stefan, it will be Damon.
Damon was, is and always will be her constant.
sometimes my laptop gets really hot and starts burning my leg but i fight through the pain because i am a blogging warrior
Will Elena choose Damon in the finale? I think so.
- Tyler (3x01): But you kissed him. Probably screwed up with his head.
- Elena (3x02): I didn't want to see you get hurt, I was worried about you.
- Damon (3x02): I want you to remember the things you felt while he was gone.
- Alaric (3x02): You know what you're doing there?
- Bonnie (3x04): Damon's helping you cook now?
- Elena (3x04): He's trying to be a good friend.
- Caroline (3x04): What's the deal with you and Damon?
- Caroline (3x04): So, you're not like switching Salvatores, are you?
- Caroline (3x04): No matter what he does, Damon got under your skin.
- Caroline (3x04): God, just admit it, Elena! You are attracted to him and to all of his bad brother glory!
- Katherine (3x04): Are you two lovebirds fighting already?
- Elena (3x05): Where were you, Damon?
- Damon (3x05): I promise you I will never leave you again.
- Damon (3x06): I'll do it whatever it is you need me to do, Elena. No one's going to hurt you. Especially not my brother.
- Stefan (3x06): My brother's got his flirt on and you're jealous. Be jealous, by all means! I'm sure Damon will be thrilled.
- Elena (3x09): We'll survive this. We always survive. Trust me.
- Klaus (3x10): ...the question you should be asking yourself is who's going to die next? Bonnie, Caroline... Damon?
- Elena (3x10): I don't what I would do if you weren't here.
- Damon (3x10): If I'm going to feel guilty about something, I'm going to feel guilty about this.
- Bonnie (3x12): What's going on with you two?
- Elena (3x12): It's not because I feel guilty that it happened ... I kissed Damon.
- Elena (3x13): ...a girl who didn't fall in love with vampires.
- Damon (3x13): So do I. (Stefan: I love her, Damon.)
- Damon (3x14): I'm mad at you because I love you!
- Elena (3x15): I called you ten times last night.
- Damon (3x15): I do. (Stefan: You still love her, Damon.)
- Elena (3x16): Damon just sort of snuck up on me. He got under my skin and no matter what I do I can't shake him.
- Matt (3x16): Once you fall in love with someone I don't think you can ever shake them.
- Stefan (3x18): ...you're also in love with Damon.
- Stefan (3x18): I want you to look me in the eye and tell me that you don't feel something for him.
- Elena (3x18): I don't know what I feel.
- Rose (3x19): Tell Damon I'm rooting for him and Elena.
- Jeremy (3x19): So, what's up with you and Damon?
- Elena (3x19): Stefan thinks I have feelings for you.
- Rose (3x19): It's not just that she makes him a better person. And she does! He changes her too. Damon challenges her, surprises her. He makes her question her life, beliefs. ... Damon is either the best thing for her or the worst.